Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Sovereignty of God Pt. I (At Work in My Personal Life)

"All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; he does according to his will in the army of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain his hand or say to him, 'What have you done?'" (Dan. 4:35)
It is a marvel that man thinks God to be his subject rather than the other way around. God is not created in man's image to be his puppet (a common accusation by man against God's sovereignty over him). God will have all of heaven and earth subject to him--and indeed it is! This is the case with or without man's consent. God will have his will done and no one can impede it.

My grades were not that great in college but God brought me down the road that I was to travel. He wanted me to succeed. Even in the face of liberal (theological) adversity I stood on what I thought to be the truth no matter what the consequence was. My grades suffered for my position and not necessarily my performance and not denying that my grades were not always up to par even apart from debating theology. But I made it. Even in doing graduate work there were those that would not have me awarded my degree. Now I hold two masters! I wonder what my high school teachers would think if they saw me now? Wait I mean my junior high teachers for I never went to High school! They would be proud no doubt. God makes man subject to himself! He opened the way.
I was fearful of written comps but God leveled the element of discrimination by making the comps anonymous to the grading professors that would have me fail. I passed all three sections on the first attempt. This was not the case for every student. And I have had employers try to interrupt my future only to be an instrument of usefulness for his purpose for the next stage of my future.
To kick against God's will is to be as insane as Nebuchadnezzar had become when he attempted to do so.

No comments: