Saturday, March 3, 2007

God's will

God requires total submission of our wills to Him. Are you prepared to give over all the desires of your heart? It is a given that natural desires must be given up for spiritual desires and it is God that gives us the desires of our heart, but what if He wants you to return them and change them in for a new course in life? Are you willing to do that?
I have been going to school for a long time and am prepared to earn a PhD. This was the desire of my heart for many years. Am I willing to give it up? Is it for God's glory that I would accomplish such a task or for satisfying the status quo of what qualifies one in the world's eyes? If it is the latter I must give up my academic endeavor. "When they perceived they were uneducated and untrained men, they were astonished and they recognized that they had been with Jesus" Act. 4:13. This is all that really matters! "for myself, I would sooner know what contrition feels like than how to define it" (A Kempis) And a friend once told me that even rectal thermometers have degrees!

1 comment:

patti said...

WOW! Robert, I need to think about this entry...that is deep...willing to give it up, even our desires....hmmm....im going to chew on that for a bit!