Thursday, May 24, 2007

Identity

I have never felt comfortable "in my own skin" so to speak. Ever since I can remember I have never felt like I fit in. I am not gregarious by any means. I am uncomfortable around other people. I have never really liked the way I look. I get a lump in my throat when I talk to someone that is of "high rank." When I talk in front of an audience I feel as if there is a five gallon bucket over my head. I am self-conscience about my southern accent. If I am walking in the midst of a group of people I feel as if I cannot make it past everyone without walking funny or falling down all together. I am pretty messed up in these respects. But I know that whatever my fears are they take a second chair when I think of my identity in Christ. In Christ its okay to be weird. In Christ its okay to not have a silver tongue in public speaking. In Christ I am able to fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ who love me. In Christ I feel empowered to stand for sound doctrine in the face of adversity. In Christ I have a desire to do things that would normally handicap me. Impediments fade away when I think of myself--in Christ--accepted and loved by him. "You are complete in him" (Col.2:10).

No comments: