Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Flesh The World and The Devil

"O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Rom. 7:24).
Do you ever get so fed up with sin, this world and the devil, that you have to cry out these words with the apostle Paul? Let us not loose heart from the discouragements of the first part of this verse. Remember and cling to the second part with equal nay greater longings.
I believe it was Martin Luther (correct me if I am wrong) that pointed out the three things that a Christian struggles with, the flesh, the world, and the devil. Luther, while frustrated with the devil, lashed out against what he perceived to be a manifestation of the devil, even throwing his ink stand at him. Well I follow suit with Luther! And were it not for the last part of Rom. 7:24 I would loose all heart at times. Many times I long to be with the Lord and to be finally delivered from this world. I await the deliverance from this body of death.

No comments: