Sunday, September 16, 2007

Prayer

Lord guard my heart so that all of my affections are in direct accord with your will; enlighten my mind so all of my understanding comes from you; guard my tongue so that all I speak about is you. Direct my sight toward heaven so all I see is you. Keep me from foolish actions and spurious decisions that are not thought out and do harm rather than good.
I love you above all things on earth. Your word is more valuable to me than anything to me. It brings me great joy and happiness to study it. Your word is the source of all true knowledge and wisdom. Teach me its mysteries. Bring me clarity of understanding of all things revealed in it. It is a light to my soul. It is a guide for my path. But Lord do not leave me void of your presence. Walk with me as you did with Enoch. Show me your glory as you did for Moses. Give me a double portion of your Spirit as you did for Elisha. Give me wisdom as that of Solomon. Give me Jesus who died for me! For he is the summation of what it is that I ask. Forgive me of my sins and do not hide your face from me but look at Jesus in my stead. I grow weary of this world and all of the evil in it. I can only find peace in you. Keep me fixated on you. Keep my family as an object of your favor. I love my wife as the one you have given me, but help my love of her to increase. I love my children as they are gifts from you. Teach me the example of fatherhood. Bless them as you have blessed me in this life. Watch over them and bring them into close fellowship with you. As for the one to be adopted, give her comfort and peace.
Let us know what your will is for us and we will do it no matter what the cost may be in life or in death. (A prayer Robert N. Landrum)

No comments: