Sunday, August 12, 2007

Prayer

Lord give me grace for paitence and understanding towards my family. Administer strength to me for the work that is required in this world (especially as relates to your kingdom and not just according to necessary manual labors). Teach me wisdom and give me knowledge according to your ways. Draw near to me so I can see your perfections more clearly. Do not let Satan tempt me. Show me that your beauty is more beautiful than anything this world has to offer. And that pleasure in you is far greater than any worldly pleasures. I know this but sometimes my mind would reverse things at times and have me look in the wrong places for what I can only find in you. Help me to keep my eyes fixed on you. My fallen flesh is crafty and causes me to see in a distorted way. Keep me straight on this. All that I need is you. Pursuit of happiness anywhere other than in you is a false happiness. Everytime I say "There it is." "This will make me happy." And it is not you, I find myself unfulfilled in my desires. It is sinful to think there is something out there that will bring me peace other than you. I am let down and disappointed every time I take on such a pursuit. What I am looking for I already have. It is sinful madness to look elsewhere. Bring this to my remembrance the next time the fever of temptation sets in on me. Amen. (Robert N. Landrum).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert, thanks so much for visiting by my "A Pilgrim's Progress" blog recently and for taking the time to leave a comment. Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress is also one of my favorite books. Thank you for your encouraging comment.

I enjoy the quotes in your blog. And your prayer on this post (about prioritizing Christ first in our life) is such a good reminder for me (and every Christian) to contemplate. Thanks for sharing it. May our wonderful, gracious God continue to bless you and yours!