Monday, December 15, 2008

Sinners Among Sinners

I find it a dreadful truth that when I am among people I sin against them and they sin against me. It seems to always be the case, however, that my sin against others is greater in severity and magnitude in offense than any sin I might suffer from someone else whether it be from a stranger, friend, or family member. It is an almost impossible task to love and not offend. Perhaps it is impossible.
But it cannot be disputed that it is much more easy to offend the very ones we are to love. It is second nature even.
I could possibly have some peace of mind on the matter if only my sins were less severe than, or at least equal to, the sins that I myself sustain. Here is the picture of a sad soul. What's worse is that some times I find it a more horrible thought to offend a total stranger than one whom I dearly love. Most abominable though, is that I sin against the Lord and savior who knew no sin but for the sons of Adam. I loath my condition because of this. But were it not for sin debt being paid there would be reason for utter despair. As of now I am just in despair and await the redemption of my body.

No comments: